Saturday, July 19, 2008

I have met the thieves

I would like to paraphrase Pogo, the 1950's and 60's political satirist, when he said "We have met the enemy and he is us.





In paraphrasing I would like to say "I have met the thief and he is me".


Yes, It was me who was taking all the parts off of that 41 ford and then finally taking the entire car over to Jack Yale's place to continue restoring it as a old time Sheriff's black and white patrol car.

I was going to continue working on it in my carport, however my wife threatened to hang a sign on saying WHITE ELEPHANT FOR SALE.





8 comments:

Kyanite said...

Gosh, I had to laugh @ this.

Mickey's Musings said...

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!
This is a great blog.Many years ago there was a display of cars in our city. I saw a 1933 Phantom ll Rolls Royce. Since then,I always thought that antique cars were neat.They had style.
In your June 21 post you described a 1934 Caddy as having 'suicide doors'
Why were they called that?
Thanks,Nancy

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's funny. What an honest thief you are! Good luck rebuilding it.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Haha. We are glad that it was not a real thief taking your car bit by bit.

MaoMao said...

HOOOOO HA!!! That's a superduper Shelby Cobra! My daddy's droolin and droolin. He loves Shelby Cobras!

And Momma's snickerin at White Elephant fur sale!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

momsbusy said...

mommees thinks she needs to hafs a white elefant sale for daddees things. mommees wants to know how yu is gonna do the insides of the car. she wants yu to post pikshures of its when yu gets it all done. she dided upholstery work on cars for a squillion years.

yuki kimiko kintaro

Karl and Ruis said...

We just wanted to thank you for letting us cats have one of your beautiful vintage cars for a ride to the ice creme parlor! We very much appreciate it.
Karl and Ruis

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Hee hee, that's funny.
An tha white elephant fur sale is funny, too.
Purrs,
KC